Housing Finance Course for Sub-Saharan Africa
The HFCSSA, held in Cape Town from the 1st – 7th October 2017, responds to the dire housing crisis across Sub-Saharan Africa by providing senior policy makers and private sector housing finance officials with the analytical tools to assess the housing finance systems in their countries and become constructive partners in finding ways to expand these systems, particularly for the middle and lower income segments.
The course is regarded as the best housing finance course for Africa and is held in partnership with the University of Cape Town, the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and receives support from the Centre for Affordable Housing Finance in Africa.
The course attracts participants from private and public housing finance institutions, finance agencies, academic institutions and international development institutions across Sub-Saharan Africa, which allows for the cross fertilisation of ideas and excellent networking opportunities. As such the Housing Finance Course for Sub-Saharan Africa is a perfect addition to the courses offered by URERU as it delivers on the mandate to respond to the needs of society and engage with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and expertise.
The course is taught by industry leaders and experts, Including world renowed Drs Marja Hoek-Smit from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, Kecia Rust from the Centre of Affordable Housing Finance in Africa and Rob McGaffin of URERU and the University of Cape Town. Programme topics include;
- Housing Markets and Housing Finance
- The state of Housing Finance in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Building Blocks of a Housing Finance System
- The Business of Housing Finance: Risk Management and Profitability
- Valuation of Mortgages and Capital Market Funding
- Safety & Soundness of Financial Institutions: Regulatory Developments
- From Construction- to End-User Finance
- Extending Housing Finance to Lower Income Groups
- How to Subsidize Housing Finance
How to apply:
Visit the course page